Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Thick and chewy chocolate cookies are stuffed with a peanut butter filling. These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are rich, decadent, and dangerously addicting!
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping
- Begin by making the peanut butter filling. In a medium size bowl, mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined. Roll into 12-tablespoon size balls (about 3/4 oz or 22 g each). Set aside.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk them together.
- Use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer to beat the butter and both sugars together until creamy and pale. Then, mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat well to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and beat until a dough forms.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 12 portions of chocolate cookie dough (about 1 3/4 oz or 50 g). Flatten a chocolate dough ball and add a peanut butter ball to the center. Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling, covering it completely and roll it into a ball. Continue until all of the cookies are shaped.
- Place the shaped cookies onto a lined pan and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the cookies are chilling, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange 4 chilled cookie dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet and gently press down your fingers to slightly flatten the tops. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Transfer baked cookies to a wire rack. Top warm cookies with chocolate chips and enjoy!