3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
1 bag (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
1. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in seasoning packet from noodles. Break block of noodles into bite-size pieces over skillet; stir noodles into butter mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in sesame seed. Cook about 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until noodles are golden brown.
2. Mix sugar, vinegar, oil and pepper in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and noodle mixture; toss.
– Keep your salad crunchy by tossing in the noodles just before serving.
– Precooked frozen chicken from the meat department is a great thing to have on hand for ready-to-go recipes like this.
– For extra flavor and color, stir in an 11-ounce can of mandarin orange slices, drained.
Author: Tom Green
If we’re not supposed to have midnight snacks, then why is there a light in the fridge?