1. Add warm water to a glass, dump it out and put the glass over your butter. Creates softened butter in minutes!
2. Unscented dental floss can cut soft foods (cakes, cheese)
3. Make cakes last longer by placing a few pieces of bread on the outer edges.
4. Keep your ice cream in zip lock bags to keep them soft enough to serve with ease.
5. Store some marshmallows with your brown sugar to keep it from clumping
6. Run out of mayonnaise? Mix one cup of oil and an egg together to get homemade mayonnaise.
7. Avoid having splatters when using your mixer by poking the ends of your mixer beaters through the middle of a paper plate before you attach them to the mixer.
8. Pre-cook pasta and it will cook in less than a minute.
9. Microwave an ear of corn and it’ll fall right out of the husk.
10. Coat your cheese grater with nonstick spray for easy shredding.
11. Don’t waste time peeling your potatoes before you cook them. After cooking they will glide off.
12.Test your baking soda by adding a teaspoon full to ½ cup of hot water. If it bubbles, it’s still good.
13. If you boil garlic cloves for thirty seconds, the peels come off easily.
14. Use a cooling rack when cooking fried foods to help them maintain their crispiness.
15. Take an onion cut in half and run it across your grill grates to make the grill non-stick.
16. Put a hole in your burger patties to allow for even cooking.
17. The soda can top works great as a vegetable peeler too.
18. Freeze grapes and use them as ice to keep your wine chilled without watering it down.
19. Use a pant hanger as a cookbook holder.
20. Cookies stay fresh longer if stored with an apple wedge.
21. 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise will make your cakes extra moist.
22. Store plastic wrap in a freezer for easier handling.
23. Doritos are great for kindling a fire.
24. Don’t mess up your bread, but cutting it from the bottom first.
25. To keep your burger from crumbling add bread crumbs to the mix.
26. A bit of Vodka in your pie crust will make it for some flaky goodness.
27. Did you make your sauce to thin? Add a piece of dried pasta noodle to the mix and once it’s soaked up the excess liquid take it out.
Author: Tom Green
If we’re not supposed to have midnight snacks, then why is there a light in the fridge?